1 medium russet potatoScrub and dry the potato. Prick with a sharp knife about 10 times. Oil the skin, moisten the top, and sprinkle on the coarse salt. Microwave on high (1250 W) for 4 minutes or so. Cut lengthwise and then across, and press together edges to form a pocket. Scoop the butter or margarine into the hollow, mix in, add the cottage cheese, top with the sour cream, and garnish with chives or green onions.
1 T tub margarine or butter
1/3 c low-fat cottage cheese
2 T low-fat sour cream
1 t chopped chives or green onions (optional)
What's hot on Dr Daddy Cooks?
- Ingredient: Toaster-Oven Bacon
- Easy Poached Egg for One
- Toaster Oven Tuna Melt, Jersey Diner Style
- Mojarra Frita (Rainbow Trout)
- Cornmeal-Crusted Fried Chicken Livers
- Meatballs, Peppers, Mushrooms, and Onions in a Tomato Sauce (for Pasta)
- Grilled Asian-Style Cornish Game Hens
- Apple and Persimmon Crisp
- Raspberry Hot Cocoa
- Breakfast Burrito with Crab
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Recorded October 9, 2012. Tasty, nutritious, cheap, and fast. Breakfast or lunch or dinner. Oiling the skin, keeps it tender in the microwave, and the crust of salt adds flavor and texture.