1 medium russet potatoScrub and dry the potato. Prick with a sharp knife about 10 times. Oil the skin, moisten the top, and sprinkle on the coarse salt. Microwave on high (1250 W) for 4 minutes or so. Cut lengthwise and then across, and press together edges to form a pocket. Scoop the butter or margarine into the hollow, mix in, add the cottage cheese, top with the sour cream, and garnish with chives or green onions.
1 T tub margarine or butter
1/3 c low-fat cottage cheese
2 T low-fat sour cream
1 t chopped chives or green onions (optional)
What are people looking for today on Doctor Daddy Cooks?
- Ingredient: Toaster-Oven Bacon
- Toaster Oven Tuna Melt, Jersey Diner Style
- Cornmeal-Crusted Fried Chicken Livers
- Banana in Raspberry Sauce and Cream
- Pan-Roasted Pork Porterhouse Chops with Fried Apples
- Meatballs, Peppers, Mushrooms, and Onions in a Tomato Sauce (for Pasta)
- Roasted Baby Bok Choy
- Smashed Red Potatoes with Herbs
- Rice Kugel
- Mojarra Frita (Rainbow Trout)
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Recorded October 9, 2012. Tasty, nutritious, cheap, and fast. Breakfast or lunch or dinner. Oiling the skin, keeps it tender in the microwave, and the crust of salt adds flavor and texture.