1 medium russet potatoScrub and dry the potato. Prick with a sharp knife about 10 times. Oil the skin, moisten the top, and sprinkle on the coarse salt. Microwave on high (1250 W) for 4 minutes or so. Cut lengthwise and then across, and press together edges to form a pocket. Scoop the butter or margarine into the hollow, mix in, add the cottage cheese, top with the sour cream, and garnish with chives or green onions.
1 T tub margarine or butter
1/3 c low-fat cottage cheese
2 T low-fat sour cream
1 t chopped chives or green onions (optional)
What's Hot this Month on DrDaddyCooks?
- Toaster-Oven Bacon
- Easy Strawberry Mousse
- Personal Naan Pizza
- Oven-Braised Spare Ribs Smothered in Onions
- Toaster Oven Tuna Melt, Jersey Diner Style
- Meatballs, Peppers, Mushrooms, and Onions in a Tomato Sauce (for Pasta)
- Quick and Easy Home Fries
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Dressing Casserole
- Crook's Corner Shrimp and Grits
- Roasted Asian Vegetables
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Recorded October 9, 2012. Tasty, nutritious, cheap, and fast. Breakfast or lunch or dinner. Oiling the skin, keeps it tender in the microwave, and the crust of salt adds flavor and texture.