Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Where did the name 'DrDaddy' come from?

Recorded October 5, 2021. From family history. Many years ago, our family was friendly with another family, a man, a woman, and two teenage kids. The mother had a brother named Steve. The kids were told to call him "Uncle Steve" which they did. One day when Steve was visiting them, he told them he was proud to have just finished his medical residency. He now thought of himself as a 'real' doctor. He told the kids not to call him Uncle Steve anymore but to now address him as Uncle Doctor Steve. His specialty? Psychiatry of course. So the gag in my family became that I would, in view of my doctorate in science, insist my kids call me Doctor Daddy. They never call me that, fact is, they hardly ever call!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope our work is useful to others. Comments are welcome from any reader. All posts are moderated by DrDaddy.